Thursday 27 November 2008

Proposal form for music magazine

Proposal 2 – Identifying the brief

I have chosen the brief R&B music because I listen to the genre of music often. Therefore I thought it would be easy and enjoyable to make a magazine for it. I also thought that I will be more likely for me to know what my readers want to know, as I’m interested in the genre myself; I know a depth of knowledge of this particular type of music. Furthermore there are very few R&B magazines out already so thought it would be a challenging task to undertake.

The core audience profile I am planning to target is 13-25 year olds, mostly female but some male. They like to keep up with the latest fashion and trends. They also like linked genres of music such as hip hop and rap. They like to go out to clubs and parties and like a very eventful lifestyle. This lifestyle is what the magazine will promote, along with the view that women are strong and independent. They have great night lives and are always seen living it to the full.

I’m planning to style the front cover with a new and exclusive R’n’B artist on the cover, with a big bold title of ‘Rhymes ‘n’ Beats’ with appropriate coverlines and distinctive colours. With a free CD included on the bottom left section. I choose to call my magazine ‘Rhymes ‘n’ Beats’ as it is straight to the point. The audience knows exactly what the magazine is going to be about and what type of music it is going to be based on. The actor I will be using will be posed as a made up new and exclusive R&B artist who will be portrayed very laid back and cool. He will be wearing fresh new clothes looking very stylish. The cover shot that I will be using will most likely be a medium long shot.

The type of content that my magazine will include will be things such as album/single reviews, new and old artist interviews and new downloadable tracks. The type of language that will be included within the magazine is quite informal. With use of words such as ‘aint’ and ‘yer’ as I want it to appeal to the targeted audience and stereotypically, this is how the reader would talk.

My magazine offers a great alternative from the magazines already on the market for this particular genre as there aren’t many already out. I searched for magazines of the same genre but only found one called ‘Chocolate’ which didn’t seem to be that popular. Therefore my magazine will offer a greater and much more up to date source of information of the R&B world.

No comments: